Session “Improve Core Contribution Workflow” Developer Days TYPO3 2018
During the TYPO3 Developer Days 2018 I (Sybille Peters) did a brainstorming session on the
topic ““Improve Core Contribution Workflow”
Description of session
Some people have been contributing to the core for years and new people join on a regular basis.
It’s a huge task to manage and it is running very smoothly.
What can we do to make it even better?
Do you have ideas for optimizing the workflow or the documentation?
- Do people keep asking the same questions and run into the same problems? Are there common pitfalls or sources of frustration?
- What tools do you use when you develop? Can you share some of your knowledge?
- How can we motivate people to contribute?
- What bugs you the most and what is worth the time to do something about it?
This is a brainstorming session.
Core contribution includes
- opening issues
- improving / managing issues
- submitting patches
- commenting on, reviewing or testing patches
- raising common questions
- helping others
- providing tools
- contributing to the testsuite
- documenting the workflow.
Results of the session